How to Become a Super Lawyer
A consistent theme for digital marketing on the web is that you must establish trust. That is, you must build trust with the third-party websites like Google that help you get found online and with the visitors who come to your website.
In the physical world, you build trust by being a member of the Better Business Bureau1 or other local organizations, having an established office people can visit, and looking and playing the part of an attorney.
Online, it’s easy for anyone to look legitimate, so you need to find a way to stand out among your peers (or those trying to look like they are your peers). One way is to become a Super Lawyer®2.
What Is a Super Lawyer®?
It is a rating service that recognizes attorneys who have achieved a high degree of peer recognition in their fields of practice. It involves a rigid and comprehensive selection process in which lawyers are nominated by their peers for inclusion.
How to Become a Super Lawyer®
The entire goal of the Super Lawyer® designation is to create something credible and valuable that lets people know an attorney is special. Becoming a Super Lawyer® is not easy, and the system relies on peer nominations as well as independent research by the issuing entity (in this case, Thomson Reuters).
Inclusion as a Super Lawyer® follows this basic sequence of events:
1. Formal nominations: Lawyers from states all over the country nominate attorneys3 who have demonstrated professional excellence. Steps have been taken to identify and eliminate submissions that are not genuine, such as nomination exchanges, nominations gained through campaigning, and nomination pooling. Informal nominations can also be accepted.
2. Research: The staff at Super Lawyers® goes to work seeing what accolades and achievements nominees have attained throughout their careers as well as verifying any information submitted by those who nominated the candidates.
3. Peer evaluation: Candidates are grouped by practice area and asked to serve on a panel that rates candidates from their area on a scale of 1 to 10.
4. Final Selection: During final selection, attorneys with the highest point totals from the categories they were evaluated on are chosen for inclusion in Super Lawyers®. Candidates are compared based on firm size, so sole practitioners are not compared with large, multilawyer firms.
Why Would I Become a Super Lawyer®?
There are a variety of benefits to becoming a Super Lawyer®:
• You stand out among other attorneys in your state.
• You are included in Super Lawyers® Magazine.
• You are included on the Super Lawyers® website.
• You have an expanded online profile.
• You receive a personalized Super Lawyers® badge that you can place on your website.
Inclusion in Super Lawyers® is great social proof. It tells both your peers and potential clients that an unbiased third party has carefully vetted your credentials and that you are the best of the best.
Another benefit is that inclusion on the Super Lawyers® website is great for your law firm’s SEO4. The links carry a lot of weight, and the profiles on the website typically rank very well in search.
Building trust is important when building a brand, especially for attorneys. People want to know they are in good hands and that the professional they are dealing with has a good reputation. If you can do that while enhancing your online presence at the same time, you are a step ahead of your competitors.
helped Dolman Law Group gain 400% more cases!
Discover the Attorney Rankings SystemTM.
Tags: law firm directories
, link building
, local seo